HPE Records Manager (HPE RM) is an Electronic Document and Records Management System (EDRMS) used by the University of Tasmania to capture, manage and provide access to records and information. HPE RM was formerly known as HP TRIM. The University currently uses RM to manage business information including administrative, research, teaching and course material, regardless of format.
RM includes a classification scheme, retention & disposal functionality, a contacts database and the ability to track information across the University. It also has the capacity to integrate with other business systems such as Microsoft SharePoint, the Research Management Data Base, TechnologyOne Financials (TechOne) and the Human Resources Management System.
RM can provide:
- Records management
- Document management
- Email Management
- Workflow/Action Tracking
- Image Management
- Web Publishing
Microsoft Office applications have a direct interface with RM whilst files created in other applications can be imported by various methods, such as drag & drop. This ensures that all business documents can be saved into RM with as little disruption as possible to normal work processes. RM also has an offline facility and web client if you require documents from RM when you are not in the office.
Staff members with RM access may access RM via the Web Client. Log in using your standard University username and password. If your machine is not directly connected to the University's network, you may need to connect via a eduroam first. Please note that you still need HPRM access to log in via the web client. For more information, see the Web Client User Guide (PDF).
HPE RM Help Sheets
- HPE RM Help Sheet 1: Global Settings
- HPE RM Help Sheet 2: Desktop Ribbons
- HPE RM Help Sheet 3: Creating Employee Folders
- HPE RM Help Sheet 4: Microsoft Office Integration
- HPE RM Help Sheet 5: Drag and Drop Options
- HPE RM Help Sheet 6: Contract Record Type Options
- HE PRM Help Sheet 7: Deleting Duplicate or Ephemeral Documents with Soft Deleter
- HPE RM Help Sheet 8: Document Entry Form
- HPE RM Help Sheet 9: Changing Access Controls
- HPE RM Help Sheet 10: Creating Folders
- HPE RM Help Sheet 11: Creating and Managing Project Virtual Folders
- HPE RM Help Sheet 12: Auto Folder Generator for Tenders and Contracts Sub Folders
- HPE RM Help Sheet 13: Action Tracking
- HPE RM Help Sheet 14: Re-enabling the HPE Records Manager tab in Outlook
- HPE RM Help Sheet 15: HPE Records Manager Email Notifications
- FYB Advice Sheet - String Based Searching Commands and Examples
TRIM Cheat Sheets
Please note that the following cheat sheets were created for the previous version of HPRM/TRIM, and may contain some outdated information. We will be progressively replacing them with updated information in the form of HPRM Help Sheets (see above), but in the meantime, most of the advice and instructions will be broadly applicable to the current version of HPE RM, even if the relevant icons and windows look different to those depicted in the screenshots.