HP Records Manager (HPRM) is an Electronic Document and Records Management System (EDRMS) used by the University of Tasmania to capture, manage and provide access to records and information. HPRM was formerly known as HP TRIM. The University currently uses HPRM to manage business information including administrative, research, teaching and course material, regardless of format.
HPRM includes a classification scheme, retention & disposal functionality, a contacts database and the ability to track information across the University. It also has the capacity to integrate with other business systems such as Microsoft SharePoint, the Research Management Data Base, TechnologyOne Financials (TechOne) and the Human Resources Management System.
HPRM can provide:
- Records management
- Document management
- Email Management
- Workflow/Action Tracking
- Image Management
- Web Publishing
Microsoft Office applications have a direct interface with HPRM whilst files created in other applications can be imported by various methods, such as drag & drop. This ensures that all business documents can be saved into HPRM with as little disruption as possible to normal work processes. HPRM also has an offline facility and web client if you require documents from HPRM when you are not in the office.
Staff members with HPRM access may access HPRM via the Classic Web Client or the Mobile Web Client. Log in using your standard University username and password. If your machine is not directly connected to the University's network, you may need to connect via a eduroam first. Please note that you still need HPRM access to log in via the web client. For more information, see the Web Client User Guide (PDF).
HPRM Advice Sheets
- HPRM Quick Tip 1: How to get Global Settings
- HPRM Quick Tip 2: Self-Provision of HPRM Client Software
- HPRM Quick Tip 3: Creating Employee folders
- HPRM Quick Tip 4: Microsoft Office integration
- HPRM Quick Tip 5: How to access the HPRM Training Environment
- HPRM Quick Tip 6: Options for viewing emails that won't open in Outlook
- HPRM Quick Tip 7: Drag and Drop options
- HPRM Quick Tip 8: Contract Record Type entry form
- HPRM Quick Tip 9: Creating Folders
- HPRM Quick Tip 10: Creating Archive Boxes
- FYB Advice Sheet - String Based Searching Commands and Examples
- FYB Advice Sheet - Backing Up Linked Folders from TRIM 7 to HPRM 8
TRIM Cheat Sheets
Please note that the following cheat sheets were created for the previous version of HPRM/TRIM, and may contain some outdated information. We will be progressively replacing them with updated information in the form of HPRM Advice Sheets (see above), but in the meantime, most of the advice and instructions will be broadly applicable to the current version of HPRM, even if the relevant icons and windows look different to those depicted in the screenshots.