The Records Management Unit (RMU) provides training and support to assist UTAS staff with their recordkeeping duties, including the provision of workshops, online tutorials, information sheets, brochures and advice on storing, managing and disposing of records. If you would like some advice or assistance with a recordkeeping project or have any questions about recordkeeping, please contact the Disposal and Training Officer. Most queries can be answered via email or over the phone, but we can also arrange to visit your offices to go through the issues in person.
The Records Management Unit runs regular workshops covering common recordkeeping topics and dilemmas. The workshops are open to all UTAS staff and attendance is free. We run workshops approximately three times a year, but we are happy to arrange a workshop specifically for your business area if there are enough people interested in attending.
We have a number of online tutorials covering general recordkeeping topics and TRIM-specific topics. These are hosted in MyLO and all UTAS staff are automatically enrolled in them, so you should be able to access them via MyLO if the links below don't work. You will need to log-in using your standard UTAS username and password.
- Information Sheet 1 - Managing Inactive Records (PDF)
- Information Sheet 2 - Requests, Resubmits & Bring Ups (PDF)
- Information Sheet 3 - Registers of Records Destroyed (PDF)
- Information Sheet 4 - Disposal Schedules (PDF)
- Information Sheet 5 - Unscheduled Records (PDF)
- Information Sheet 6 - Permanent Records (PDF)
- Information Sheet 7 - Scanning and Destroying Paper Records (PDF)
- Information Sheet 8 - UTAS Committees and Boards (PDF)
- Information Sheet 9 - Ephemeral Records (PDF)
- Information Sheet 10 - Scanning Specifications (PDF)
- Information Sheet 11 - Storing Records in Shared Drives (PDF)
- Information Sheet 12 - Off-site Document Storage Providers (PDF)
- Information Sheet 13 - Access to TRIM (PDF)
- Information Sheet 14 - Storing Records in Wikis (PDF)
- Information Sheet 15 - Recordkeeping Requirements for Business Information Systems [DRAFT] (PDF)
- Staff Recordkeeping Manual (HTML) (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Records Management Policies and Guidelines
- UTAS Business Classification Scheme (PDF)
- TRIM Cheat Sheets
- Forms and templates
- Records Management brochure (PDF)
- Managing Email as Records brochure (PDF)
- Checklist for capturing emails (PDF)
- Glossary of recordkeeping terms (from Tasmanian Archive & Heritage Office) (PDF)
- Tasmanian Archive & Heritage Office
- State Records Guidelines & Advices
- Tasmanian Archives Online
We strive to keep our resources up to date, but if you find a broken hyperlink or an error in one of the resources provided here, please lodge a report via the general feedback form. Any comments or suggestions for additional resources would also be very welcome.